The following are rules and regulations of the Lyme Free Library. These are effective February 8, 2016 as adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Lyme Free Library.
The Lyme Free Library offers free wireless Internet access to library users with wireless enabled devices. The library provides unrestricted access to the Internet and does not monitor or control content. The provisions set forth in the Librarys Computer and Internet Use Policy and Computer and Internet Use Guidelines are applicable to wireless network access.
1. Persons utilizing the wireless connection agree to comply with all provisions of the current Library Internet Policy.
2. The wireless connection is unencrypted and unfiltered. Use of the wireless connection is done at the patrons own risk. By using this connection, patrons acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with wireless service. For that reason patrons expressly agree that they knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the Library harmless from any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use or access into the patrons device.
3. Library patrons are responsible for selecting and installing security and virus definitions on their devices. The Library is not responsible for damage to hardware or software, transmission of computer viruses, loss of data or email or any harm resulting from the use of the unsecured server.
4. The Library accepts no responsibility regarding the ability of the patrons owned device to connect to the wireless network. Further, the staff will not change any settings on users equipment.
5. Printing from the wireless network is not currently available. Files may be saved to a device or emailed to a Library computer. Patrons may print pages in black and white or color at current prices per copy.
6. When using wireless enabled devices to listen to music, dialog, sound effect, etc., patrons must use ear-phones to make the sound inaudible to others. If sound is heard despite the earphones, the patron must either lower the sound or turn off the equipment.
7. The wireless network can accommodate interactive searches on the Web. It cannot accommodate the downloading of large document files. Therefore, downloading of software images, music, etc., from the Web onto patrons equipment is not allowed. Patrons will be required to terminate any activity that adversely impacts the performance of the network.
3rd PARTY SERVICES