Patron Responsibilities and Conduct Policy
Lyme Free Library
The following are rules and regulations of the Lyme Free Library. These are effective July 13, 2015 as adopted by the Lyme Free Library.
The Lyme Free Library offers library services to all the residents of the community, regardless of age, sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or economic status. Library staff is committed to maintain a quiet, pleasant environment conducive to serious study as well as casual use.
Patrons have a right to assume that their visit to the library will be free from harassment, physical discomfort, danger and psychological stress. Library staff has the same rights. The following are part of the code of library behavior. The list is not to be considered inclusive or exclusive and may be amended at any time by the Board of Trustees. Violators of these rules may be asked to leave the library and be subject to loss of library privileges.
1. Smoking is prohibited.
2. Cell phones should be turned to vibrate mode while in the library. Patrons are asked to step outside the library building to talk on their cell phone..
3. Patrons shall not be allowed to threaten the safety or rights of another person.
4. Patrons shall not harass or annoy other patrons or staff through noisy or boisterous activities.
5. Patrons must be appropriately attired, which includes footwear and shirts. Swimwear must be covered.
6. Personal hygiene shall conform to the generally accepted standard of the community.
7. Patrons are not allowed to eat or drink within library premises except during designated meetings/programs approved by the Administration.
8. No animals, except service animals, are allowed in the building, other than for accredited activities with prior approval from the Administration.
9. Non-library approved solicitation in any form is forbidden.
10. Any individuals caught defacing library property or material will be required to make restitution.