The following are rules and regulations of the Lyme Free Library. These are effective February 8, 2016 as adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Lyme Free Library on February 8, 2016.
Lyme Free Library offers free and open access to the Internet, in accordance with its mission, the American Library Associations Library Bill of Rights and the associated interpretation Access to Electronic Information, Services, and Networks. The Internet offers access to many valuable information sources.
The Library does not monitor or control the content of material accessed through the internet and cannot be held responsible for its contents. Not all information found on the internet is accurate, complete, up-to-date, legal, or philosophically acceptable to all individuals. The Lyme Free Library assumes no responsibility and shall have no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential damages arising from the use of information found on the internet or any communications sent through the Librarys Internet computers. The Library does not monitor an individuals use of the Internet; nor does the Library employ filtering software.
As with other Library materials, restriction of a childs access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. The Library does not provide any monitoring or supervision.
Use of the Librarys computers for the transmission, dissemination, and/or duplication of information is regulated under various state and federal laws. The Library expects all users to comply with such laws.
Illegal activities, as well as any other activities that are intended to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment are prohibited and may result in suspension of access to computers at the Lyme Free Library.
Lyme Free Library has developed Computer and Internet Guidelines and all users of the Librarys Internet computers must follow them.
Access to the computer and Internet is available to all patrons on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons are required to have a North Country Library System card to use library computing resources.
It is understood that all patrons using library computers will have a basic knowledge of how to use computers.
Charges for printing are .20 per page for black and white copies, and 1.00 per page for color copies.
COMPUTER & INTERNET USE GUIDELINES
Computer use may be restricted at any time for use not consistent with the following guidelines.
· Prior to being granted access to the computer and Internet, all users must have a valid library card and sign a Computer and Internet Use Policy.
· Children under 14 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign the Computer and Internet Use Policy in the presence of library staff.
· Children under the age of 10 must be under the direct supervision of an adult when using a computer.
· All users must initial the log sheet and enter the time at the beginning and end of each session.
· There is a one hour limit on computer use if others are waiting.
· Patrons using the computers for game playing are limited to two hours per day. The use of computers for game playing is considered low priority. In the event that all computers are being utilized, and a patron needs a computer for research purposes, the staff may ask the patron who is playing games to give up their computer prior to the end of their two hour limit.
The Library expects that use of electronic information resources such as the Internet will be used responsibly. This includes:
- Using resources for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only: not for unauthorized, illegal, or unethical purposes.
- Not attempting to modify or gain access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database.
- Respecting the privacy of others using public access stations at the Lyme Free Library by not interfering with their use.
- Making only authorized copies of copyrighted or licensed software data.
- Not making unauthorized changes to the setup or configuration of the software and hardware.
- Not sending, receiving, printing, or displaying text or graphics, which may reasonably be considered by library staff as offensive to the public.
- No unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal identification information regarding minors.
- In the event the patron violates any of the rules stated above, the library staff has the authority to revoke computer privileges. Privileges will be revoked on a case-by-case basis by the library staff.
3rd PARTY SERVICES
Registration and User Agreement:
- I have read the Lyme Free Library Internet and Computer Use Policy, and agree to abide by these guidelines.
- I agree to pay any repair or replacement cost of equipment or software damage by myself or by minors for whom I am responsible.
- I understand that the library is not responsible for any damage to personal equipment due to system malfunction or other reasons.
- I understand that copyright laws restrict duplication of copyrighted software, and I will follow all copyright laws.
- I understand that if I fail to abide by the Computer and Internet policy, I will lose eligibility for use of the Library’s Computers and Internet access.
- I understand and will pay the same day for anything that is printed from the computer at .20 cents a page for black and white copies and $1.00 per page for color copies.
FOR PATRONS UNDER THE AGE OF 14
As the parent or guardian of ____________________________I give permission for my child to use the Internet and Computer at the Lyme Free Library, with the understanding that I am responsible for monitoring their appropriate use of the Internet and other computer privileges, and that I am responsible for any damages that may occur.
The Lyme Free Library assumes no responsibility for the use of the Internet by children. Subject to the above restrictions, it is the responsibility of the user (or parent, guardian or care giver) to determine what is appropriate. It is not possible for the library staff to control specific information children and youth may locate on the Internet.
Parent Signature _______________________________________________
Print Name ___________________________________________________